Friday 23 September 2011

Fundraising

I will be running the Liverpool Marathon on the 9th of October .This should be a fantastic event and is already sold out ! It will showcase the Wirral and Liverpool demonstrating our city as a great place to live , work & visit . The running of a city marathon benefits charities many of them local , if half the runners raised only £100.00 each that’s half a million pounds !

Most of you who know me , know I do many sporting challenges in a year , the reason for my email is , could you help me to help the Mersey Regional Head and Neck Cancer Centre . This fantastic facility based in Liverpool is at the forefront of treating and highlighting early diagnose of these type of cancers . I have a gratitude to Professor Rogers and his team as they saved the life of two friends of mine over the last few years with their pioneering work . If this event can be supported and encouraged it could in fact raise as much money for charity as the London Marathon does. Which raised £51.8m in 2011 , a record for both the race and for any single fundraising event in the world.

We all know how hard financially things are at the moment but if you can spare anything you will be supporting a great charity , a great event and hopefully another marathon finish for me .

You can sponsor me through just giving website http://www.justgiving.com/rwrunner

No comments:

Post a Comment